fingers crossed

Assalamualaikum. It's been a while since I've written something here. I visit my blog every day actually, solely to check on my friends' updates and stare at my previous posts. I haven't felt so good about myself and others and even life of late to write something good to be read. But I feel like writing something tonight because, get this, I'm prepping my fingers and thoughts to write my own recommendation letter har har. I haven't written in a long time, and haven't been practicing too so Running With Scissors is a start. 

Recommendation letter for what you wonder? Well, I'm trying my luck in applying for a Masters degree in English Lit at IIUM. Why English Literature and not other courses? I love it and during the five years of my bachelor's degree, nothing has ever made me so happy and vibrant in class like Literature did. I beamed, I ooh-ed and aah-ed because the subject was wonderful and it made me feel alive. Yea, a wee bit of an exaggeration there but it is true. 

Why IIUM? My sister is currently studying there so I've had my fair share of visiting and observing the place. I honestly think it is interesting, totally different from UiTM and I feel like it has so much to offer me, to feed my hunger of...what I have missed and of life. And yes, I'm not getting any younger so to be placed in an Islamic-based institution can help me a lot in terms of putting and ensuring my feet and head are on the ground. 

So please make doa for me, hopefully I'll get accepted.

Oh I'm going back to Pilah next week. Something that I'm not looking forward to but I need to be paid and priceless experience need to be gained. Just three months and I'll be back in Shah Alam. *"Chinning" up.*


2 tissues:

azilaabidin said...

all the best nashrah :) I'm still in the process of applying too. hope to hear good news from you.

have a wonderful 3months in Pilah. time flies in a blink of an eye, so don't worry much :)

mrskzee said...

(: All the best, Nashrah!