NKTG

NKTG stands for Nasir Khan The Great. My father used to call himself that because his ultimate favourite football team is Manchester United and he said they are great, thus making himself great too.

Am I making any sense here? I do hope you get this.

Usually on Father's Day, me and my sisters would give him a card or we go out to eat, and no less than that. But this year, it turned out differently. With one of my sisters away in UIA and staying on campus for the weekend (usually we will pick her up on Fridays and send her back there on Sundays), it felt like celebrating Father's Day won't turn out to be as fun as it used to be. Plus, my mother mentioned this in her facebook. (okay she's not always online and my sister who usually moderates her profile, but surprisingly she updated her status yesterday. *cough* she has her own laptop now *cough*)


"happy father's day, happy mother's day, happy birthday..... watever happy day... need it be a day?, make it EVERY day, n b thankful we r still breathin, n need each other, no one is greater xcept Allah SWT, n insyallah life will be better n will b peaceful, amin."


And Ma, I couldn't agree more. My father also said he didn't want anything from us, because by right, every day should be Father's Day. So this morning, I wished him Happy Father's Day rather excitedly and I think I appeared a wee bit comical because he looked at me funny and laughed, and we hugged. That hug made me feel warm and a bit dizzy. Hugs are powerful that way don't you think? Especially between family members. But Pa, all I want to say is, and I do mean this with all my heart,


I love you and I thank you for every thing that you have done for us 5.
I will continue to make you happy and proud.
Happy Father's Day, Pa!


Hugs and Kisses,
From your 2nd daughter, Sya :)




p.s: looks like I'm writing this as if he can read je kan? haha.
Go celebrate your father today!


2 tissues:

Azie Nazri said...

nashraaah, this is toooo comel! hehehe especially the hug part. your papa is sangat comel! :))

and your mom's status. very very true.

happy father's day, papas! :D

ayunimadarina said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) all true!

happy everyday father's mother's son's daughter's day! hehehee

*wink*